Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week #1 Trail marathon training complete.

Well we survived week #1.

Cheryl and I did our 9 miler yesterday and every time we got to a hill we charged up it. The thing about these hills is that we use to dread having to run them. In 2011 & 2012, Cheryl & I were a part of a training group here in Vancouver. Our coach would email us a few days in advance the route that we would be doing on Sunday morning. Anytime I read the name Reserve, 6th, Blandford, Devine and the path to 5th. I would cringe. I was sure our coach could have found a better route. I attempted each and every hill he had us run, but it was torture. Well this year we signed up with a different training group. This group didn't run a route that didn't have multiple hills. I HATE hills and LOVE hills equally, now.

Well on Saturday we picked an old training route that had four of these hills. Yes I said "We picked". Oh my it felt good to run these, I still do not like them, but they no longer scare me. I didn't make it all the way up Blandford, but I got close.

Also this week I went to my Dr. about my knee still bugging me.She asked me when do I feel the most pain. I told her anytime that I sit still. I told her that it doesn't bother me when I run, so she told me to run more :)  and that I have runner's knee and I strained my ligaments. PT for me and to keep running were her suggestions.

Now to prep for week #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment