Sunday, March 17, 2013

Marathon Training begins tomorrow :)

Wow, I really suck at blogging. It has been so long. I know every time I pop back on here I say I will do better. Not going to say to say it this time.

My first marathon was about finishing and that is all I focused on and I suffered. I got in all my short runs and long runs, I just went for it. This time around I am reading about trail running, marathons and nutrition.

My running buddy Cheryl and I will be running our first trail marathon in July. I am so excited!!! Our training plan starts tomorrow.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions on trail running, fueling, etc. PLEASE share.

Cheryl and I recently ran a muddy trail run. It was slick, steep, cold, warm and SO much fun. It did not feel like we ran 6.5 miles with a 2000 ft elevation gain. This is one of the reasons I am so excited to run my second marathon, on a trail this time.

So far this year I have step out of my comfort zone with both feet and taken a big step. First started with signing up with a new training group fully knowing that the coaches love hills and that they would push me just enough. Second running three races, in three weekends and these races were Hilly!!! And I had a blast.

Can't wait to see what happens this year.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment